Yesterday we talked about how our personal view of gender is crucial to how we minister to others. That was a great conversation as we wrap up our introduction to the Theology of the Human Body today. In this lesson, we discuss what this conversation is really about, why it can be so hostile, and why it’s crucial for Christians to engage.
In today’s podcast, We’ll discuss several things:
- Why this conversation is not really about your beliefs as a Christian but rather a revolt against God Himself.
- What is Objective reality vs. subjective fantasy?
- Is the LGBT, the fight for their rights and sexual freedom today, the same fight that black men and women fought for in the 1960’s?
If you are a church leader and you do not have policies in place regarding this sexual revolution that we are in, I pray that you make it a priority this week. If you need someone to facilitate this discussion with your church leadership, let me encourage you to jump on the website at Dustin Daniels Dot Org and send me an email, and I can help facilitate that discussion. Because these are serious questions:
- What are you going to do when members of an LBGT organization demands to be married in your church?
- What are you going to do when transgender people demand to use the bathroom that corresponds with their gender identity.
- Are these things incorporated into your bylaws?
I pray that you do and if you don’t, email me so we can start working on that.