We are living in a sexual revolution. We not only have the cultural elite of entertainment, education, big business and government redefining what marriage and gender roles are, but entire denominations of churches have joined this bandwagon as well.
We see daily news reports of people revolting against God and His sacred design for sex. The culture claims that sexuality is confusing, but God’s Word is crystal clear in Genesis 2:24,
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Today, we continue our study on the timeline of America’s sexual revolution. Our focus today is the birth control pill. How did the pill change the way American’s live? How did the pill change the way we think about sex? How did it change the way we view God? What do you think?
In today’s podcast, We’ll discuss three things:
- Who is and who has the final authority on moral sexuality?
- How do you engage in this conversation with someone who doesn’t believe in God?
- How are the birth control pill and pornography related?
Some people call it “mommy-porn”. Others consider magazine’s like Cosmopolitan, “porn-lite”. How are these magazines training manuals for sexual sin?
Last week on the show we looked specifically at pornography from a woman’s perspective. We talked about the differences between men and women who struggle with pornography. This week we are going to continue that conversation with Shelley Hitz, co-author of a book titled “A Christian Woman’s Guide to Breaking Free from Pornography: It’s not just a guy’s problem.”
Below are some of the topics that we discuss in this show:
- Magazines like Cosmopolitan, “porn-lite”. How are these magazines training manuals for sexual sin?
- Let’s talk about how pornography affects us spiritually.
- What are footholds and strongholds? How do women break free from this stronghold?
- Can women break free from pornography on their own?
- Men tend to isolate themselves due to sexual sin, do women do the same?
- The importance of a father’s love.
- What do women do if they grew up lacking a Godly father or father figure in their life?
- The importance of modesty.
- The beauty of real intimacy within the covenant of marriage between one man and one woman.
What are the main differences between men and women when it comes to looking at pornography? Are magazines and erotica books pornography?
Today on the show we are going to look specifically at pornography and sexual sin from a woman’s perspective. Is it possible that women, Godly women who love the Lord Jesus Christ, who also love their husbands and their children struggle with pornography? What about single women who are also daughters of Almighty God? It is possible that many of these woman are in bondage to pornography and other forms of sexual sin like men?
My guest today will help us answer those questions. Shelley Hitz is the author of a book titled “A Christian Woman’s Guide to Breaking Free from Pornography: It’s not just a guy’s problem.”
When approaching your husband about the issue of pornography, prepare your own heart, pray and seek God’s wisdom – remember this is not about you. This is about your husband’s sinful choices.
Last week we heard an amazing redemption story from Cathy Dyer. She is the co-author with Pastor Jay Dennis of their new book titled “Our Hardcore Battle Plan for Wives: Winning the War Against Pornography”. Today Cathy continues to speak from her own experience with a battle plan for wives. Below are some of the topics that we discuss on today’s show:
- How should a Christian woman respond to the plague of pornography?
- Is there a hunger among Christian women to win the battle for the minds and souls of their husbands and sons?
- Love is not the boundary for sex, marriage is.
- Asking him directly: Are you struggling with pornography?
- Communicate with your husband exactly how you feel about porn – hold back nothing. Express your feelings of disrespect, betrayal, and anger.
- Ask him if he’s repented. Without repentance and brokenness over sin, there is no change.
- Demand that he get into a support group. He can’t heal himself.
- Draw up boundaries and define consequences
- When his desire to be a Godly man is greater than his desire to look at porn, then and only then will living a porn free life become a reality.
Just days after she decided to take off her wedding ring and file for divorce… her husband shows back up to ask for forgiveness.
Cathy Dyer shares a personal story of God’s amazing grace and redemptive work in her marriage. On July 19, 2000, Cathy received some news she never wanted to hear. Her husband was leaving her with a three month old baby to pursue an affair. If that wasn’t dramatic enough, just six months later…just days after she decided to take off her ring and file for divorce… her husband shows back up to ask for forgiveness.
Whether you’re single, engaged or married this story is about the devastation that pornography causes. However, it’s also about the redeeming power of Almighty God, and how He is in the details of our lives. Gentlemen, this show is also for you. We get to hear the heart of a woman who’s life was forever changed by her husbands sexual sin.
My guest today is Cathy Dyer, she has co-authored a book with Pastor Jay Dennis titled “Our Hardcore Battle Plan for Wives: Winning the War Against Pornography”.